Mr Rahul Arora, an Indian born US citizen wanted to invest in an Indian mutual fund scheme and was looking at various brokers and firms online and offline. He was told off that fund houses do not accept investments from Non resident people who reside in the US.
The NRI trading community is clueless and finding it difficult to participate in the Indian stock market for many reasons. One of the main issues faced are lack of clarity on how to get started, where to go and the complications that surround NRE & NRO accounts. Also due to the lack of awareness on both the stockbrokers and the willing NRI’s part, the participation has been quite tepid since long and we at Tradeplus are here to dispel your fears and show you a window of opportunity.
For someone like Mr Rahul, one way to invest in the Indian market is to opt for any Indian specific funds launched by US mutual funds with no capping or to go for few of the Indian mutual fund houses that accept investment from US based NRI clients. Tradeplus Online extends its assistance to such clients by helping them invest online as well as offline.
As an Indian staying overseas, you may want to take advantage of high growth back home and you can do so by following 7 simple steps to get started.
- Submit your basic details on our Tradeplus page if you want us to contact you.
- Our Executive will call you as per your convenient time to introduce you to the system and clarify all your queries
You can call or Whatsapp our executives at +91 7338822169 or call @ +91 44 39189469 (between 9 am to 6 pm – IST) or +1 914 3687760.
- We will pre fill forms for you based on the info you share with us and email you Account Opening Form.
- Make sure to download, verify details and sign the forms.
- Tradeplus also helps you to open NRE PIS account if needed. Please note that PIS is not mandatory for NRO accounts.
- Once we receive your signed forms along with the supporting documents, we will initiate account opening (SB NRI Account and PIS Account) with the bank of your choice, if you choose to open a NRE account. A PIS account holds the investment amount of the NRI. The purchases are directly debited from this account, and the sale proceeds are credited to the account. In case of NRO account, the process is even simpler. You just got to provide your existing NRO bank account proof. We will then open a Trading and Demat account and attach your existing NRO Bank account to help you start funding the account and initiate trade.
- A NRI Demat account holds shares in the electronic format. The shares are credited to this account when they are purchased, and after their sale, the shares are debited from the account. A trading account helps the NRI to conduct purchase and sale transactions in the secondary market.
- Once the account is opened, our Executive will contact you at your convenient time to give you a demo of the Trading System and help you get started.
By adhering to these simple steps and regulations, a NRI can trade in the Indian stock market in a hassle freeway and reap the benefits of a growing economy. We offer a portfolio tracker to monitor your stock performance. Ensure that you review your portfolio from time to time once every quarter or 6 months and if required make suitable changes to your investment portfolio or strategy. Despite the recent dull phase in Indian equity markets, the country’s prospects continue to be bright and long term growth can be expected. NRI who invest right and make use of opportunity can benefit from the growth potential in India.